Wednesday, July 23, 2008

MY SINCERE THANKS TO THE DEAN




The 2008 NBA finals is now more than a month over but still I can't get over the excitement of the series. Why? It's because I just got my usual pasalubongs from my good friend and godfather, Quinito "The Dean" Henson. I started getting these pasalubongs from Quinito for more than 10 years now and these stuffs (which are safely kept in my sports library at home) were priceless treasures for a basketball junkie like me.

Here are the contents of Quinito's latest 2008 pasalubongs:

  • Green Boston Wheapresents T-shirt;
  • An exclusive Boston Celtics "New Dynasty" 2008 NBA Champioship Magazine;
  • A 56-page colored newspaper on the Boston Celtics "The Road to the finals";
  • 2008 NBA finals record book;
  • 2008 NBA finals commemorative magazine;
  • 2008 Boston Celtics play-off media guide;
  • 2008 Los Angeles Lakers play-off media guide;
  • 2008 NBA draft media guide;
  • 2008 NBA Cares magazine
  • 2008 Beat LA poster
  • Official Pacquiao-Diaz Scorecard from Las Vegas
What makes it special is that all those stuffs are not available anywhere in the local market. I find myself so lucky to have these materials and forever I'll be very thankful to a find a gem of a friend in Quinito. It maybe a small thing for others but for a bigtime basketball fan like me, it is something larger than life and these "small things" makes life worth living! Again thank you very much, Mr. Quinito Henson!

2 comments:

  1. hi Boyet,

    Nice site....in addition to the NBA Stuff i read from other sites, your blog gives a different perspective. Aside from your closeness to the dean,any other basketball figure closely associated with you?

    Also, is BTV still gonna carry the NBA games next season? Thanks and goosluck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot mask for your comment. Aside from the Dean, I do have some friends from the basketball world like Henry Liao (editor of Tower NBA magazine), ex-PBA cager and Chot Reyes younger bro Billy Reyes, ex-Toyota import Andy Fields and during my younger years, former Manila Bulletin sports editor Lito Fernandez.

    Solar Sports which carries BTV had locked up NBA coverage rights in the country until 2010 so BTV and C/S Sports will continue to bring NBA to local tv for the next 2 years.

    Take care and God Bless.....

    Boyet Dones

    ReplyDelete