Tuesday, December 22, 2009

FAMOUS NBA QUOTES (Part 2)




Herewith are more unforgettable quotes from the superstars of yesteryears and the present:

"As far as playing, I didn't care who guarded me - red, yellow, black. I just didn't want a white guy guarding me, because it's disrespect to my game.” -- Larry Bird

"As long as I play ball, I can get any woman I want.” -- Dennis Rodman

"As long as they are medicated the right way with the asthma medicine they won't have any problems.” -- Dominique Wilkins

"Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates.” -- Magic Johnson

"Asthma research is a lot better and new medicines are always coming out to help young people.” -- Dominique Wilkins

"At 49, I can say something I never would have said when I was a player, that I'm a better person because of my failures and disgraces.” -- Bill Walton

"Back then every small town had a gym, and if itseated more than 2,000 then we'd be interested in playing in it.” -- Bob Cousy

"Basketball is basketball.” -- Oscar Robertson

"Basketball isn't as popular in Canada as it is in the US. Hockey is by far the most popular sport in Canada.” -- Steve Nash

"Basketball, in America, is like a culture. It is like a foreigner learning a new language.” It is difficult to learn foreign languages and it will also be difficult for me to learn the culture for basketball here.” -- Yao Ming

"Being a typical Pisces, I might have experienced mood shifts, but I don't remember any depression, or needing to do anything, or to have someone bring me out of being depressed.” -- Julius Erving

"Being an All-Star is everything.” -- Allen Iverson

"Being from Africa is the best thing that could have ever, ever happened to me. I cannot see it any other way. All of my fundamental principles that were instilled in me in my home, from my childhood, are still with me.” -- Hakeem Olajuwon

"Being here feels like I'm out of prison. This is the right place, the right time, the right team.” -- Shaquille O'Neal

"Being selected Most Improved was a special individual award because when I speak to young people I always try to tell them the importance about it's not where you start but where you end up.” -- Kevin Johnson

"Besides P.E., geography was my best class in high school. I was in this gifted class when I was younger, and it was wicked!" -- Steve Nash

"Bill Russell was my favorite player of all-time.” -- Bill Walton

"Black culture is something I don't relate to much at all.” -- Dennis Rodman

"Black people don't have an accurate idea of their history, which has been either suppressed or distorted.” -- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

"Bob Brannum was my body guard on the court. He was 6'-6 and built like a bulldog.” -- Bob Cousy

"But after that you don't see a lot of real good fundamental play. You see a showboat-type basketball which is almost parallel to street basketball.” -- Oscar Robertson

*****

From “Boyet’s NBA Corner”, a “MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!”

No comments:

Post a Comment