Thursday, April 10, 2008

NBA ON PHILIPPINE TV


Its been 4 months now since BTV or Basketball TV was scratched off from SKY CABLE and to this day, I can say without a doubt that something is really missing in my everyday life! The problem now is that BTV is exclusively a property of Destiny Cable. In Metro Manila, NBA fanatics won't have any diffculty in switching cable operators, like Sky Cable to Destiny. I live in Cavite and Destiny Cable had no services yet in our locality, so I had no choice but to stick it out with Sky Cable. I had become so accustomed with BTV's daily comprehensive coverage of the NBA and now I just had to bear with whats being left of the NBA on Sky Cable like the Star Sports games on Fridays, ESPN on Saturdays, C/S Sports on Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays and not to mention the House on Hoops presentations on ABC 5 during Mondays and Thursdays.
Anyway, I am really thankful to Solar Sports that the weekend NBA games on ABC 5 had been transferred to C/S Sports. Why? because C/S had the most powerful reception on local and cable tv! ABC 5 just have a very bad signal and with that kind of service, they don't deserve to cover such prestigious sporting event which is very close to the heart of the filipinos like the NBA. Lately I've also heard that PBA is leaving ABC 5 too right after the Fiesta Conference or at the close of the 2007-08 season, well,that's a good riddance by the local pro loop!
Last week, I called up Solar Entertainment Office and was able to chat with Mon Marquez, the Operations Manager of BTV. Mon assured me that an expanded coverage of the NBA play-offs is presently being cooked up with C/S Sports and that bit of information gave me a sigh of relief! But I will still miss the NBA summer league games on BTV as well as other programs such as the NBDL game of the week, Euro League and the PBL.
Come on Destiny Cable, your next destiny should be Cavite!

No comments:

Post a Comment