Thursday, October 30, 2008

AM I DREAMING? BTV IS BACK ON SKY CABLE

I still want to pinch myself. As I had mentioned earlier on this site, that ever since Basketball TV or BTV was scratched from Sky Cable last January 1, 2008, my basketball life would not be the same anymore. Even with weekly NBA games on ESPN, StarSports and CS9, it can not cover up for BTV's absence for a basketball junkie like me. But lo and behold, BTV made a dramatic comeback on Sky Cable last Tuesday, October 28, 2008 and everybody hooked on the Lopez-owned cable TV firm was kayoed by surprise.

I considered myself very lucky indeed as the return of BTV on Cavite Cable, which is a subsidiary of Sky Cable, did not require any additional charges at all unlike the Sky Cable subscribers in Metro Manila (except the those in the CAMANAVA area). Due to BTV's exclusive deal with Global Destiny in Metro Manila, a Sky Cable subscriber in the metropolis has to shell out additional P 100 per month to receive BTV, apart from purchasing a requisite "digital box" worth P 1,500.00. That is a lot of moolah if you consider the financial hardships nowadays. It is really great that Solar Sports, which is BTV's mother company has no exclusive deals in the provinces.

With daily live NBA games on BTV and regular dose of weekly coverages on CS9, ESPN and StarSports, I can now live my life in peace! Its GAMETIME!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I already subscribed a BTV channel from Sky Cable. I saw the advisory last Oct 27 or 28 and also posted it in my blog to inform everyone else. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boyet, I cannot afford to pay the additional Skycable charges, which is why that I shifted to Destiny. It's cheaper and besides, you don't have to deal with the Lopez-dominated channels there.

    ReplyDelete