Tuesday, October 28, 2008

KENO, MY NEW NBA BUDDY




As I was having my dose of three (3) 2008-09 NBA pre-season games on TV last Saturday, guess who gave me good company while enjoying the Cleveland-Washington, New York-New Jersey and Washington-San Antonio games on ESPN and CS9, no other than my new buddy, KENO, a Shih Tzu.

Keno is just 2-month old Shih Tzu puppy and you can’t help but love this very sweet tiny creature. He is fun to be with as every time I clapped my hands or applaud a nice play, he likewise gave it a thrilling bark of his! He knows his NBA brand of play. He is really worth all the expensive tag on his head as my wife Lorna got him at a princely price of 10k.

I made a research in the net and this is what I found out about the breed of my new comrade, Keno. Shih Tzu is a dog breed which originated in China. It is reported to be the oldest and smallest of the Tibetan holy dogs and is vaguely lion-like look being associated with the Tibetan snowlion. Therefore, it has a nickname, “Tibetan Temple Dog”. It is also often known as “Xi Shi Quan”, based on the name Xi Shi, regarded as the most beautiful woman of ancient China and, less often, the Chrysanthemum Dog, because of its face looks very much like the flower, and the Chinese, or Tibetan Lion Dog.

It is also characterized by its long, flowing double coat; sturdy build; intelligence; and a friendly, energetic, lively attitude. Its breed standard calls for the dog to have a short snout, large eyes, and a palm-like tail that waves above its torso. The ideal height is 9 to 10 ½ inches and should stand no less than 8 inches and not more than 11 inches tall.

So there goes a brief background check on my new bestfriend, Keno. For sure, there will be lots of fun to watch the coming NBA wars with him at my side as I know that he will always be there to give me the best company (of course, besides my ever-lovely wife) that I ever wanted.

And finally, here is the best part, with just one look at him, anybody’s stress will be gone! That is, I’m pretty sure of!

No comments:

Post a Comment